www.TransAlp.org

This Site is Not Affiliated with Honda Corporation
It is currently February 20th, 2018, 3:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: February 10th, 2018, 4:01 pm 

-Complete 1989 Honda TransAlp with 41,2xx miles & a clean/clear title. Currently asking $800
-We inherited this bike from my late Uncle & put some time & money into it after it had been sitting & got it up & going again.
-It has new front & rear tires, new fork seals, new front brake pads, & a new chain (we didn't do sprockets b/c we were waiting to see if it would come around.)
-Its current state is the two pictures where it is disassembled indoors.
-Unfortunately not too long after getting it running & riding again the rear cylinder head's exhaust flange must have been corroded & broke off from the rest of the head & now has a very bad exhaust leak (I have two pictures for reference below.)
-All of the body work is there, and is in pretty good shape for its age.
-The seat cover had a few spots starting to tear so we applied clear vinyl patches to it.
-The bike is located in Manhattan, Kansas & for local pick up only. We will not ship the bike.
-My cell phone is 7(eight)5-7(six)1-55(two)9 & would be the best way to contact me. Thanks for looking!

When we had it going again & were doing "shakedown runs"

I realized I did not have a pic of the left side during the "shakedown runs" so here is one before we started tinkering with the bike:

In its current state

Exhaust flange damage:

Gauges:

Last edited by Erichsen on February 13th, 2018, 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: February 11th, 2018, 10:42 am 

In all my 10+ years of experience with TA's I have never seen anything like this to happen or ever heard of it happening?

Having said that if anyone is interested in this project I have a good complete Rear Head.

PostPosted: February 14th, 2018, 9:33 pm 

The TransAlp is pending sale as of this afternoon. I will keep this thread up until the transaction has been completed. Thanks! :dance: