www.TransAlp.org

This Site is Not Affiliated with Honda Corporation
It is currently February 20th, 2018, 3:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: November 13th, 2013, 1:26 pm 

had anyone installed one of these kits? any opinions on them at all?

I've got a 2005 TA and transition a lot between altitudes. sea level to 3500m mostly but can be up to 5000m and I have no clue how to deal with the loss of engine power as I get higher. is there any other way apart from changing the jets?

thanks

MotorCycle Odyssey: RTW trip on a Honda Transalp

PostPosted: January 1st, 2014, 9:22 am 

Hey Oliver

I just changed my transition jet (slow jet or low speed jet) from 38 to 40's and took the off idle stumble out .....but it took hours to do...and I would never change a carb jet without allowing hours to do it.... you need to remove the fuel tank, and take the carbs out of the frame...(a pain) to remove the fuel bowls. If you live at high altitude you could jet down one jet size for every 3500' above sea level. (needs to lean out)...but then when you ride at sea level it will run too lean (hot) When I ride at altitude I just take that loss of power as something I can live with.... with fuel injection they have a barometric pressure sensor to adjust for altitude changes....(nice but we don't have that)

I bought my jets from my local Honda dealer $6 each... so I would never spend lots of money on jets I probably won't need... one size makes a pretty large change. Let your spark plug tell you if the bike needs a jet change.

Joel