www.TransAlp.org

This Site is Not Affiliated with Honda Corporation
It is currently February 20th, 2018, 3:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: December 2nd, 2013, 1:25 pm 

hI EVERYONE!
Well it's now turning to winter in my part of the woods (Salisbury England about 80 miles from London on the South coast), so my thoughts have now changed to adding electrical equipment to my 650 Transalp (The below will work with any bike. We will be making up a complete electrical loom (don't worry if you have never done this before it is simple and results are very pleasing)!!
So I have bought a :-

1 Hid headlight upgrade
2 hand warmers or headed grips whichever you wish to call them (I am going to use a relay to ensure they turn off every time I switch the ignition off).
3 A flashing light to look like an alarm (run from the relay so it switches on when I turn the igniton off
4 A BMW type small electrical power socket for -- charging the bike ---- Garmin or the like so I can find my way!

If anyone is interested I will photo and put the technical details so you can do this to (may need some help to find my way round).

COST for the kit is HiD light £22 from Ebay -- LED light £4 from Maplins -- Heater grips £25 from Ebay -- relay £2.70 from Ebay -- BMW 12v style £10 from Ebay (even cheaper ones out there) Going to start in two weeks time. If you want links to the parts I can supply them. Thanks for your time. John

Last edited by John on December 3rd, 2013, 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: December 2nd, 2013, 8:39 pm 

Hi there John
I'm interested,in the wiring
I've bought a electrical power socket for my TA don't need heated grip here in SA
but would also like to run LED spots off the battery
My Buddy said it was snowing in Woking the other day
so it must be cold
regards
Derek
South Africa

PostPosted: December 3rd, 2013, 3:57 pm 

Will be starting tomorrow, so will put first part up on the web very soon. You are very lucky in SA ----- no heated grips----- I dream of that!!! My relatives live in SA so I am planning to come down there within two years, may see you then! If you are heading to Woking at any time you would be very welcome to head on to Salisbury within your trip. We are on the same railway line and only 50 miles west via M3/A303. Back to the TA,I will show connections you would use for your extra lights. Hope all well.
John

PostPosted: June 10th, 2014, 10:39 am 

Hello

Any chance you can share some photos?

I'm thinking on doing all you've done to your TA

Cheers

PostPosted: August 7th, 2014, 12:22 pm 

Hi
would love links and photos please
many thanks
S