www.TransAlp.org

This Site is Not Affiliated with Honda Corporation
It is currently January 17th, 2018, 11:59 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2017, 7:01 pm 

hpbygd@roadrunner.com is the contact info if anyone wants it.

I did the HP by Gary Davis mod on my bike. It's a relocation bracket that allows one to put an NT650 Honda Hawk rotor on the TA. I also took the time to put a HEL brake SS brake line on the bike.

The relocation bracket didn't come with any instructions, but install is obvious and straightforward. The supplied bolts would have worked but were too long for my tastes so I substituted some of my own M8x1.25 bolts and the install looks neat and clean. The Hel brake line I got on eBay could be a bit shorter, but better too long than too short. It tucked in pretty neat. I swapped around some brackets and

The bracket was $100, the brake line $38 and the disc $75. So $213 all in.

For my tastes, the braking is a massive improvement. I can now lock up the front wheel or if I spent time working on it lift the rear on dry pavement. There is so much more swept area. Braking is firm, but not overly abrupt. I have yet to use it much off road.

I am going to replace whatever I had in there for the stock rear brake with stock Honda shoes. My own rear brake is unbelievably bad. When I had the wheels off to put Mitas E07 tires on it I cleaned out the drum and wire brushed the shoes to try and get it to work but it's like the shoes are made from glass. So, the front is totally acceptable now, and a damn sight better than stock This is a worthwhile mod for the price.

PostPosted: November 5th, 2017, 4:05 pm 

:-D

AHRMA, CCS #72
'89 TA, 06 Ducati Sport 1000 Bella Boomer the race bike, '76 XS650 Farrah the race bike, '76 RD400 Evil Spawn the race bike, '97 Buell T-Bolt S2, ('97 Dyna-Conv RIP 8 June 2017, the bike my son was riding), '06 KLR 650 off road hooligan, and a '79 GS1000E (sold 25 March 2017 after 30 years of ownership), but ride the TA the most miles!